Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Finally Saw TRANSFORMERS! (no spoilers)

I managed to get my hands on some premier tickets. I bought a magazine that had a 'answer the simple questions' contest via text message, and I scored! The movie doesn't officially release till tomorrow... eh.. later today I mean. I've literally just got home from the cinema. I drove like a fully charged Autobot, to come home and write this entry.

To put it short and sweet. It was AWESOME! By far, the best summer blockbuster and probably the most action packed movie this year! After all the hype, all the publicity, all the hoop-la, it did not disappoint. Don't get me wrong, this movie will not win an Oscar for best acting, but it will win for best special effects. My god the effects. It was cutting edge. I haven't been this impressed since Jurassic Park. ILM did a fine ass job. Not one stray pixel anywhere. When you see the first transformer transformation at the start of the movie, it will send chills through your spine. Simply sexy.

I've not had this much fun since 300.. Both are equally entertaining. I just leave you with this, whether you are a hardcore transformer purist or an easy going movie goer, take this film for what it is, an awesome popcorn summer blockbuster. That's what it is and Hollywood owes us for the shite that has been in recent years. Don't go in there expecting to cry from a monologue of rape victim or expecting to be moved by intense political issues. You want that? Go rent a German art house movie about Hitler's pet midgets!

5 comments:

Beef said...

Good to hear.

I was looking forward to this Season of epic Blockbusters...and then lost interest 45 minutes into Spdierman 3. It's a year chock full of bloated CGI rubbish films.

Nice to know Transformers delivers the goods.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD!!! Its world la wei... SOOOO worth the wait... I must say i kept getting goosebumps throughout the film....its just sick!

flaminglambo said...

Ozi! Ozi! Ozi! Oi! Oi! Oi!

DUUUUDDDEEEEE!!! Damn dawg, it's been a long time. Hope you and your family are well.

PS - I'll give you 3 guesses on my identity.

Ozi said...

I think you may be my old friend from high school.. Cempaka.

male.. sydney..

i read your entry on your cousins baptism.. saw a chinese man.. must be your uncle..

so you are chinese...

i'm thinking.. Marc? is it you?

anyway if i'm wrong, thanks for visiting my blog..

flaminglambo said...

Damn, you're good...

Dude, leave me your email addy and msn details at newnikes@yahoo.com.

Btw, saw Transformers on the weekend and I have to agree with your review. The whole cinema clapped when it ended. Megan Fox is H.A.W.T and there better be a sequel!

Cheers buddy! I'll be dropping by more frequently.

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....