Thursday, June 22, 2006

Movie Review - The Ringer

Let me just start out by saying that this movie stars Johnny Knoxville. Who? Johnny is famous for his antics on the hit reality stupidity show 'Jack-Ass' on Mtv. Enough said. Now I'm not about to tell you the whole story, I just summarize. So in summary, this is a story of a average man in an average job trying to improve himself, then as part of his promotion is instructed to fire the poor janitor but does not have the heart to. So he employs him to mow his lawn with the promise of better pay and health benefits, who then accidentally cuts of all his fingers in the lawn mower. Now the hospital does not want to operate and so he must find $28000. How? By asking help from his Uncle with the gambling problem, who comes up with the brilliant idea of 'Fixing' the special Olympics. Normal Johnny fakes being spastic with the assumption that he can win with ease. The uncle then places a $100000 bet on 'sure thing'. Win and all is well. Perfect plan. In this movie I find myself very disturbed at the overwhelming amount of 'special' people on screen. Feeling guilty at times for laughing at all the unfortunate people that genetics has chosen to screw. Johnny trying to act spastic is not entirely funny as he attempts to be a 'serious' actor. This movie has its token hottie in the form of Katherine Heigl, from the hit series Roswell and Grey's Anatomy. I kept waiting to see if she was gonna strip. Now I'd love to tell you how this all ends but I can't. My pirated DVD died half way through and I got no idea what happens in the end. Bitch ass Taiwanese fellas. I will assume that all the spastic people magically become normal and Johnny Knoxville has a heart attack after seeing Katherine's enormous hoo-hoos. I win the $100000 bet and you don't ever ever see this movie. Johnny, go back to riding shopping carts and have your balls kicked in by a midget. That's what we love you for.

1 comment:

Kartel Records for Joe Flizzow said...

I thought this was this was a lame attempt on Johnny's side. I hate watching his slap stick pain in the butt Jackass shorts to begin with. To watch him attempt acting was painful. A tackless movie for the talented. Such irony. I laughed once....when his finger got caught in the mower....and then it all ended there. Pfft!

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....