Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fatty Crab 2 or Bloody Hell 3?

Recently my partner-in-crime and co-star our Shoddy Horror movie series Andrew Campbell paid me a visit. As its now seemingly becoming some sort of tradition, I took him and Alex (his girlfriend la, short for Alexandra) to Fatty Crab. I also took our fellow Shoddy alumni, Simon last year and still talks to me about it. I get the feeling like he's still upset about the fact we didn't order enough. Simon was the one who recommended Andrew to experience 'Elbows-In Dining'. I am always more than happy to accommodate my 'brothers'.

Fatty Crab is renowned for their delicious red crabs. In fact they serve nothing but. Well you can order side dishes like chicken wings and fried rice, but mostly, people just come for the crabs. The crab can be cooked in several styles, sweet and sour, steamed, fried with chili or with black pepper. Its all good.


For this raunchy experience, we ordered the house favourite, chili crabs. These crabs are fried in a gigantic wok over high heat and then bathed in a wondrous sauce made with chillies, peppers and all else divine. Oddly enough, you also are provided with toasted bread to dip in this sauce. Simply magical. We asked for extra sauce. We ate like hungry Tonkin Snub-nosed Monkey's.

The next day, I took Andrew and Alex shopping. As a goof, I thought it be fun for Andrew and I to wear matching shirts again. "Lets wear matching shirts man! That be cool! Lets see what kind of reaction we'd get" I said. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but as we walked out of the Factory Outlet Store, and into the mall, I realized that we can't pull off shit like this anymore at our age. But at least we tried.

"I use to think I was fat in 1998... what the Jinggez hell!" We should go and make part 3 and call it 'Bloody Hell 3 - The Return of the Tall Old and Fat Wabby Zombie Killer Bastards Again"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Fatty Crab will close down if you Beef and Andrew went there one night having eaten nothing for the entire day....the owner must dread that day as it will come...

Anonymous said...

Osman, thans for playing tour guide, buddy - Fatty crab did not dissappoint. UNfortunately I have been affected - our place is covered in food scraps - my first instinct to chuck it in the table, floor or walls... the fattier and crabbier the better.
I fear our slaying days are over, but I do await that late night call when all conventional forces have failed...

Anonymous said...

Yes, but what's a dinner in KL with out Fatty Crab, it could have been worse, pig stomach, liver and intestines! Lucky your a Halal tour guide.

Ozi said...

indeed.. i say again.. come one come all.. I take you there.

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....