Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Women of Yesteryear No.11

This post is specially for a friend of mine who after reading my blog, messaged me and insisted, at 2 in the morning, that I include Erin Grey in my top 10 list. Going so far as to have me 'bump the bond chick off' and replace her with Erin. This is my compromise. She was considered my shortlist originally but was not included because her pictures reminded me of my cousin. Shish!! Anyway, here you go.

Number 11:- Erin Grey (the future babe)

Erin was known for her role of Wilma Deering in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - at first for a theatrically released movie, then for a recurring TV show. Gray's trim, shapely figure, augmented by a tight one piece jumpsuit, was popular with the show's predominantly young male audience. However, the character was high profile within the show, second only to Gil Gerard in the lead role, and represented one of the early examples of a strong female character in a science fiction setting; because of this she was seen as important role model for female viewers. She once told an interviewer, “I was the first female colonel. I enjoyed being that kind of role model for young women watching the show. A woman can be a colonel! A woman can be in charge! Those were new ideas then. Ah whatever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Id love to comment on the beauty of this candidate, but i shall refrain till i find out just which cousin she remind you of. Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Adam....."Young love, sweet love, old love, no love!

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....