Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Boy do I know how to pick 'em!

Ex-EastEnders star Michelle Ryan set for
massive success as Bionic Woman!

Can I have the luxury of saying 'I told you so!' ? Last year, in my post 'BiskutNaga's Best of Women 2006', I listed Michelle Ryan at number 9. Most commented and asked "who the hell is she??". I knew Jennifer Connelly was gonna be huge, since the Labyrinth (1986), when nobody liked her, and then she won an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for: A Beautiful Mind (2001). Anyway for those who won't click on the link above, this is what i wrote:-

Number 9:- MICHELLE RYAN (The Next Best UK export after Zeta Jones)
Honestly, I don't know much about her and I've never seen an episode of Eastenders, I just stumbled across her picture while surfing the net one day and thought she was gorgeous. Michelle Ryan is a television actress who was born in Enfield, Middlesex on the 22 April 1984. Michelle has appeared Eastenders, Cashback, Comic Relief, Burnside, The Worst Witch, Fair Is Foul & Fouls Are Fair to mention a few. She is hot. I predict she will be the next Catherine Zeta. So look out for her.

I predicted back in September 2006 that she will be the next big thing in Hollywood, and here is proof that I am right! Hah! So booooo to all those who thought I was mad...


Seen here in the first images released of her in the role, Ryan will play Jamie Sommers, a tennis pro who suffers a near-fatal skydiving accident before her body is transformed with £25million worth of bionic wizardry. The actress best known for her role as Zoe Slater in EastEnders beat off stiff competition from Hollywood actresses to land the role. US TV bosses are so pleased with the pilot, they have commissioned a series which will be shown later this year.


In stills from the show Ryan can be seen leaping from tall buildings, and engaging in martial arts style fighting in the driving rain. Producers say the pilot show for US network NBC will be a "re-imagination" of the original, a spin-off from cult hit The Six Million Dollar Man, which ran from 1976 to 1978 and starred Lindsay Wagner.


An unknown in the US, except maybe to EastEnders fans, the London-born actress has been quietly working to establish a career for herself in Hollywood. Ryan has also starred in feature film "I Want Candy" alongside Carmen Electra and upcoming horror movie "Flick" with Faye Dunaway.

Once again... HAH!... I TOLD YOU SO!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Knew bout the upcoming series but had no idea she was on your list...hahaha.... British right?? always a winner with the accent alone..

Ozi said...

Yep.. again I told YOU so..

hehehehehe

if you see in this clip, she does a flawless American accent. Awesome. Looks good la the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54E40ctL9wY&mode=related&search=

Sasha Bashir said...

oh wise one and fabulous career predictor!

what do you foresee in my career future??!!

www.sashabashir.blogspot.com

Sasha Bashir

ps - i predicted Siti and Ning were going to be huge here..

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....