Monday, October 02, 2006

Blogging Block

If you have noticed, the frequency of my posts have slowed down. This is due to my lack of inspiration of late. A writter's block if you will. There are lots of things I could comment about. There are many things that pisses me off. But its nothing that I haven't said before. And thats the problem. I don't want to repeat myself. So for this post, I will just type what is going through my head, at this instance.. as I am typing.

Our film, 'Bloody Hell' on YouTube.com is not going as expected. So far, only 54 views and its rated 2 stars. Not exactly the response we where hoping for. Far from making CNN news as being the most watched video on YouTube. One can only dream. I will upload 'Ended', a clay animation that has all the makings of great Internet fun fare but not just yet. I think I let a few more weeks pass before uploading. See how 'Bloody Hell' goes.

My internet connection really sucks. It seems that my ISP (Streamyx TMnet) is blocking my torrent downloads by throttling the connection. Bastards. I'm stuck on episode 5 of season 2 of Prison Break and its killing me. This connection is so slow that if were to walk to the U.S, video tape Prison Break, and row back to Malaysia, I still wouldn't have downloaded it. The lack of speed could also be attributed to the fact that TMnet bought crappy old port interchange servers thingys from Silicon Valley a few years ago. Just to save a buck. Once our internet was down because there was a ship (yes ship, as in a big boat) that dropped its anchor and severed the cable under the sea connecting us to Hong Kong who in turn were connected to the U.S. What a load of crap. This shit only happens in Asia. We are far from having T1 connections at an effordable price and satellite dishes are useless because it rains so much here. But we are still better than Indonesia, those poor bastards are still on dial up modems. sick la.. sick. Can cry.

This month is the month of Fasting for us Muslims. That means no food or drink from sun up to sun down. No sex during the day, no boozing and no bad anything, really. This month teaches one, self control and restraint. Its a time of worship, relection and cleansing. Body, mind and soul. Its been week now. 3 more to go. I really could use a nice tall glass of ice tea, right about now. Then on to T.G.I Fridays for a Double Cheese Burger with the lot! Yum.

My brother and sister are still in Adelaide South Australia finishing up University. I miss them. My sister will be done this year but my brother has one more to go. I hope he smart enough to make the most of his time there. It truly will be the best time of his life. These days will never come again. Trust me, I know.

I'm really looking forward to the end of this year. Its time to put 2006 on the shelf and file it under 'Years that were shit' next to 2005. The highlight of this year for me has been this blog. And that, I think says it all. Bring on 2007. And with it hope and properity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....you miss me aye??
hahahah miss u too bro....oh i may not have to stay through December...pray i dont...

Anonymous said...

There is no mention of your 2nd sister !!!!

But this blog was the funniest one yet ozi. In my humble opinion. Tis the truest to you! Made me laugh! Here's to 2007 bro!

Anonymous said...

awwwwww you miss us.
soo sweeeeet
i'm ill.
we came 4th in the tournament. mainly cause i did a weak ass back pass to my keeper (who asked for the ball)...and then she got all pissed off and "There's nothing to lose now.." and yelled to the coach to put her up front...we tied it up(not via her efforts).. but her absence in the nets saw another goal go in...and the jingges of a ref didn't play our injury time (which was a good 15 mins)...get this when my friend was unconscious from a blow to her temple, he proceeded to go the sidelines and have a slash. tres disappointing. but on a brighter note,we befriended the Queensland Uni of Tech men's soccer team and they loved us! now this is more like an email than a comment and you're prolly reading this going why the hell am i reading this?? does she really think I CARE?! but i know you roll your eyes and shrug your your shoulders...deep down you really do!! <3 d

Ozi said...

thats about it la.. this blog has become a forum for my siblings.....

eh.. everton drew with man city, we lead 1-0 all the way till the end. 3 mins injury time, the ref played 50 second extra, and the bastards equalized on the 49th extra second of the extra time just rub the extra salt in my wounds. good news is we still undefeated. but as life will have it, that too will change very soon.

i care.

to not care.

Anonymous said...

im still piss you beat the sh*t out of us 3-0 and you were there s well 2 c me go bollocks! - Real Red

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....