Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The E! Channel is starting to irritate me

When Astro (Malaysia's only satellite T.V provider) announced that they will be adding the E! Channel, I was very excited. Celebrity and Entertainment news 24 hours a day? , "Woohoo!" I screamed. After a few months, I must say the novelty has worn off. I find myself getting extremely irritated by the 'up beat-ness' of it all. I mean seriously, how excited can you be that Brittney has finally found some time to see her children!? Then again, why the hell do we care? I blame the E! Channel for making it news to begin with. To hell with Britney, Paris, Lindsey and whoever else. But I'm getting a little side tracked here, my beef is with the E! Channel and those irritating fuckers on 'The Daily Ten'.


Ryan Seacrest, Giuliana Dipandi Rancic, Debbie Matenopoulos, Catt Sadler and Sal Masekela are all astronomically irritating. From the sound of their voices to the their 'up-beat' style, they have collectively put me off watching the E! Channel all together. Maybe its the excessive repeats or maybe its the content, but all I know is, if I see the channel is on, I change it or switch the T.V off! In my house, the other inhabitants insist on keeping the E! Channel on even if no one is watching. As if, the sudden news of Heath Ledger's untimely demise has any bearing on their lives. Not to mention the numerous follow up investigation specials on why he took his life. Bah!



Oh lets not forget, the recent Academy Awards (or any other excuse for celebrities to get together) and how the E! Channel basks in the glory of its godly know-it-all attitude. "Oh look, she is wearing green, that's was sooooo last season, but we love the shoes!" Two hours of red carpet pre-Oscars bullshit and then of course the countless post-Oscars crap. Dissecting everything to who wore what and why. Who arrived with who and said what. Who got sad to who was the most drunk. Utter utter nonsense.

Its funny, if you watch too much E!, you find yourself becoming more and more stupid. Seriously, you will feel as if your brain is melting. If you don't believe me, try it. I give you just 30 minutes, and you will know what I'm talking about here. I think if you want to torture someone, lock them up in a room, tie them down to a wooden chair, have them watch repeats of the Daily Ten with the sound blasting loudly. Ryan Seacrest's voice will bounce around in you head until you die, like it has throughout me writing this........ I have to stop now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha finally u realize...good thing bought satellite tv in aus...i can block annoying channels like the E channel....lucky me!

Anonymous said...

dude.i told u to tone down on the sambal ikan bilis.those things give u heightened senses.once u start noticing backward msgs on mtv video.lost cause oredi u

Anonymous said...

Aku suka tgk Doremon dan Detective Conan..hehehe...

Anonymous said...

you're just annoyed at seacrest which inadvertently affects the other hosts. as if you don't like Catt!! come on! pffft. you're also just annoyed that you think the American idol contestants are crap.

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....