Sunday, November 26, 2006

CELGames 2006 equals Loser is Me

Yes thats right, loser. Me.

Serves me right to enter a video game competition and actually expect to win. I need to realize that I am not 16 anymore and video games, well at least at a competition level, is not for me. Needless to say, my two buddies and I, all in our 30's, got handed our asses handed to us by these kids. I never felt more like a old man and a loser than I did on saturday. I actually brought my own special gaming mouse and keyboard, that kids can't even afford. And still I got whipped. At the end of the day, I should just enjoy online gaming from home and relax. Leave the professional gaming to those who are well and truly dedicated to the sport. Here is a picture of us before the start of the Battlefield game. Our faces filled with blind optimism and foolish bravery.



Oh well, I'm going to play golf on my XBOX 360 now, by myself, if you don't mind. Oh ya, just as I'm writing this, one of them 'kids' just messaged me on MSN with a link to his webpage with the results and pictures of the competition. Naturally, he was on the winning team. There was a picture of him holding the winners cheque. I said to him "no need to rub it in". To which he replied "rub?". Meaning he is so young and ignorant, that he has never heard that phrase before. Needless to say I have just blocked and deleted him from my MSN list. Just a perfect end to a crappy weekend. What the fuck.

3 comments:

Beef said...

The solution here is quite simple. You have a son, so start training him on computer games now.

Ten years from now when this current winner's team is older - send Hakeem in to kick their arses.

Vengeance.

(Failing that, take the picture of the kid holding the winner's cheque and photoshop so he is burning to death. Then send it back to him).

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...the fierce world of competitive gaming... dont feel bad my brother, those who are 'winners' in these games spend their winnings to buy better computers to get excel further...hence no real victory as their quest for supremacy is never ending. SOO keep trying..when u win its going to be worth it.....oh and yes...beef's solution is good too...hahahah

Kartel Records for Joe Flizzow said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Okay, that's enough rubbing "I told you so" balm in for you. Ozi, ozi, ozi....tsk tsk tsk. It's ok. There is no place like home. At least you did it! Not many would have been so brave! You should be proud of that. Now you, Darren and Adrian should just chill and play at home.

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....