Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Service Industry


Can I just say... why are you working in a service based industry if you cannot handle servicing people.
The nature of this industry is............ SERVICE.
Why are waitresses so pissed off at you for changing your mind. For crap sake, nobody asked you to fail all your classes at school. Nobody told you that by dropping out of school you will succeed in life. Nobody told you to get pregnant. At the end of the day, you are in your situation because YOU made it so. So stop taking your anger out on poor innocent customers who just want to have their coffees and go. Why can't all waitresses be like the Hooters girls? Now this is someone who loves their job. Big tits and a tight t-shirt, whatelse do you need? Its all smiles here.

Toll booth operators... here in Malaysia we have an obsene amount of roads. To use these roads, motorist must pay a toll. This is the governments way of making back their money and then some. This is all well and good. My problem is with the damn toll booth operators. Granted, its not most fulfilling job in the world and you dont need a Bio-mechanical Engineering degree to get a job but honestly, there is no need to be perpetually in a crappy mood and almost always pissed off. I'm saying why not make the best of your job. Be the best that you can be at it. No where in the world but Malaysia, does the customer have to say 'Thank You' to the seller. I find myself apologetic if I dont give them the exact change for the toll fare. One time I got so pissed off with the whole thing, I paid a 2 dollar toll charge with 1 cent coins. Thats 200 pieces. Guess what happen next. The bitch ass toll operator told me to take my coins back and go on through. She'd rather let me go without paying, then to take my money. She probably didn't want to count the coins. Point being that instead of thanking me for paying, and doing the country a service by taking 1 cent coins out of circulation, she cursed me and got pissed off.
Again, DONT BE IN A SERVICE BASED INDUSTRY if you cant handle servicing people................

2 comments:

Understanding Life said...

Very well written indeed. I am sure there are many people out there who have experienced the same kinda attitude from the people in the service industry. In my opinion not being courteous is a very eastern kinda attitude.On the whole where do you see people smiling in this part of the world. I am still waiting to exprience the warmth of east.

Anonymous said...

Didi: Hi...How's it going? What would like today?
Customer: Can I have 4 pieces of Almond Nougat?
Didi: Just four? **thinking what a freakin cheapskate but smiling"
Customer: Yep. SOrry!!
Didi: Oh no worries, I'll fix that up for you!
Customer: Thanks
Didi: and that's 50 cents change..Have a nice day.

I hate retail/customer service..but need the cashola...sometimes ppl can pretend to be happy, no?! But then again, toll booth operators don't have the luxury of eating candy and drinking slurpies all day long.

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....