Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me (My yearly mandatory blurb about getting old)

Yup that's right boy and girls, it my birthday again. This time I turn 33. Oh God I'm old. Just looking at myself in the mirror, I can instantly see the multitude of white strands that is my hair. Last year, I would be hard pressed to find one let alone a whole bunch of them. Every morning I thank Allah that I'm still aloud to breathe.

Overall I think I have more to be thankful this year than I did last year. Career wise, things are moving along and on the home front, we are looking forward to the birth of Number 2. Hopefully if all goes well, in the first week of September. I guess as you get older, you start appreciating the things you have more and more. Ultimately, you start living in the moment as oppose to when you were younger, always kept wanting more and never happy with what you had.

My son is now 5, and everyday I cherish my moments with him. Everyday, he surprises me with something new. I am truly proud of him. Earlier this year I bought him a PSP for his birthday. Man did he take to that like fish to water. Just like Daddy.... or Dodi to him.

To my darling wife, I say thank you for putting up with me and without you I am not whole. I know it may seem like I take you for granted, but trust me I don't. I thank god I found you. You are my soul mate.

To my family, Ayah, Mak, Nini, Didi, Adam, and Maziah, I would be nowhere without you all. So thank you and I love you.

Technology is truly a wonderful thing, this year, I received the most wishes for my Birthday EVER. Thanks mainly to Facebook and text messaging. Some may say the world has become very impersonal and sterile. I say it has become a small world after all.

In a time where inflation threatens the serenity of our lives, in a time when governments change and money rules all, I take solace in my Family and Friends. Here's to the next 33 years. God Willing.

I probably won't get any presents this year due to the fact that I'm old enough to play the Daddy in a sitcom staring Hillary Duff, so here is a picture of what I bought myself for my birthday.... A Nokia E71.... this thing is close to the perfect phone. It has everything.. Wifi, GPS, Mp3 and the Kitchen Sink!AND FINALLY... GIVE MYSELF SOME EPIC BOOBS TO STARE AT.... BECAUSE I CAN.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to turning 33.....my darling!

Anonymous said...

I heart you to Panda Bearrrr!!!!

Beef said...

Happy Birthday man.

33, far out.

I still remember when you rocked up to your first day at our school.

Cruising around in your leather jacket like an Asian Fonzie.

 Does anyone still use this???   Seriously.....